Having the body of your dreams doesn’t necessarily mean looking like the women or men on the cover of Vogue. It means having a body that you feel good about and feel comfortable in.
Maybe that means Vogue, maybe Parenting or Good Housekeeping. Whatever look you’re going for with your ideal body, you know how frustrating it can be when summer rolls around and your body just isn’t where you want it to be.
You’re disappointed in yourself for not sticking to that workout regimen, disappointed in Whataburger for making their food taste so good, and disappointed in your stomach for betraying how much you indulged after New Year’s Day.
Fortunately, if you don’t feel confident with the way you look now, you can put these treatments to the test. Not only will they help you look your absolute best by the time your beach vacation arrives, but they don’t require any excessive diet or exercise on your part. If you schedule any of these treatments now, you can be ready by the time summer gets into full gear.
Few things are as frustrating as loose, sagging skin. Maybe you’re a mom and still dealing with the aftereffects of housing a baby for nine months. Maybe you’ve put in the hard work required to lose a significant amount of weight but your skin didn’t get the memo. Some of us are simply genetically predispositioned with skin that doesn’t bounce back.
- WHO: Anyone who is healthy and at a stable weight is a good candidate for a tummy tuck. Tummy tucks are ideal for excess skin, excess weight.
- WHAT: A tummy tuck will remove extra skin around the abdomen, leaving you with a toned-looking stomach. There are three types available: mini, standard, and extended.
- WHY: The abdomen area is especially difficult to tone. Even someone who maintains a healthy lifestyle may struggle with sagging skin.
- HOW: Your skilled surgeon will create a flawless stomach using expert techniques to minimize scarring. The recovery time will take about 6 weeks, and the results will be instantly noticeable.
Unlike a tummy tuck, liposuction targets fat rather than skin. Sometimes, no matter how healthy you eat and how often you exercise, there are stubborn areas of fat that stay put. Liposuction is a time-tested treatment for removing targeted unwanted fat, and making an appointment now means that your recovery time will be complete before summer.
Liposuction is effective in almost every area of the body, including the stomach, thighs, back, and neck. After liposuction, your skin will eventually tighten up; however, you may want to consider combining lipo with a tummy tuck for best results.
- WHO: Liposuction is ideal for anyone whose weight is stable.
- WHAT: It generally takes two to six weeks to fully recover from liposuction treatment, although you should be able to return to work in four to ten days, depending on the size of the treatment area.
- WHY: The results are instant and permanent. Fat cells grow where existing cells exist. By removing the cells entirely, you reduce the chance of the fat coming back.
- HOW: This procedure refines and reshapes areas of the body by removing excess fat deposits below the skin’s surface. Newer procedures, such as SAFELipo®, delivers smoother and more natural contours than traditional liposuction.
3. Breast Augmentation & Reduction
Women born with smaller chests, often opt to enhance the shape and size for curvier proportions. On the flip side, many women who are well-endowed struggle to find options that support them. Without that support, they can suffer from back, neck, and shoulder pain. As well as shoulder grooves or rashes.
You can’t change your genes, but you can change your silhouette. With breast augmentation or reduction, you can get the proportional curves you’ve always wanted—which will make bikini shopping a breeze!
- WHO: Breast augmentation is ideal for women who want to increase their breast size or who have undergone a mastectomy. Breast reduction is ideal for any woman with larger breasts and the side effects that often accompany them.
- WHAT: Breast augmentation involves using implants to enhance your chest size instantly. Breast reduction involves removing fat tissue from the chest to reduce breast size while maintaining symmetry and perkiness.
- WHY: The results are instant and completely customizable. Whether you want to go up/down a cup size or three, we have years of experience helping women achieve their desired results.
- HOW: Our team will walk you through your breast procedure and help you pick a new size that will best suit your shape. Both treatments involve techniques that minimize scarring for a natural look.
4. HALO Laser Resurfacing
For some, the stomach isn’t an area of concern. It’s the face. Scarring, age spots, wrinkles, and uneven skin tone can all drastically affect your appearance, forcing you to hide behind hats or layers of makeup.
The HALO hybrid fractional laser is an excellent solution for all of these skin problems. Using both ablative and nonablative laser wavelengths, HALO targets imperfections in both your epidermis (the topmost layer of skin) and the dermis (the thick layer of living tissue directly under the epidermis) at the same time.
- WHO: Men and women struggling with wrinkles, discoloration, enlarged pores, sun damage, scarring, or an uneven skin tone are all good candidates. The treatment works on all skin types.
- WHAT: Skin recovery takes four to seven days, and you can resume normal activities within 24 hours.
- WHY: Because of HALO’s revolutionary dual-wavelength feature, it provides more dramatic results, targeting 25-30% of the skin area compared to the 5% of most lasers.
- HOW: The treatment causes your skin to undergo a bronzing stage, where it peels to reveal new, revitalized layers underneath. It will continue to improve for years to come.
5. Laser Hair Removal
Beaches often go hand-in-hand with shaving. For women, shaving, waxing, and plucking are a major hassle. Men, you know the pain as well. Shaving on your neck or face gets tiresome, and if you miss a day, you look older and more tired.
Laser hair removal is one of the most popular solutions. By targeting hair follicles down to the roots, laser hair removal destroys hair on the spot. The results: silky smooth skin without any razor burns.
- WHO: Those with darker hair and lighter skin are ideal candidates; however, anyone can do this. It may simply take more sessions to achieve your goals.
- WHAT: Using short bursts, the laser will eradicate hair. The initial pinprick of discomfort that could be felt in sensitive areas quickly numbs, making the procedure easily tolerable.
- WHY: While regrowth can and does happen, treatments every other month should keep your hair to a minimum. This is especially beneficial for hard-to-get areas like the knees.
- HOW: Depending on the size of the treatment area, laser hair removal can take between a few minutes to an hour. The results last up to 6 weeks.
Take The First Step Toward Feeling Confident With How You Look
You deserve to love your shape, regardless of your age or life circumstances! Don’t settle for insecurities. Schedule your free consultation with Proffer Surgical Associates to take the next step toward creating your dream summer body.
During your consultation, our team of expert estheticians will evaluate your unique needs and recommend the perfect services to whip your body into shape in time to enjoy the sand, surf, and sun.