Last year, many people experienced skin problems due to unhealthy amounts of “pandemic stress.” The fear of illness, the absence of family and friends, and required lifestyle changes like staying at home, keeping our distance from others, and wearing a face mask continue to increase stress hormones that wreak havoc within our bodies.
Experts know that continuously activated stress levels can lead to a multitude of health issues, including general aches and pains, headaches, digestive troubles, weight gain, skin rashes, and even accelerated aging. And facemasks, constant handwashing, and frequent use of alcohol-based sanitizers can cause a multitude of issues as well.
So how can we make 2021 any better?
If you’re seeing the effects of pandemic stress on your skin – or want to prevent these issues from happening – you can help alleviate undesirable skin conditions brought on by climate, aging, or overindulgence right now. The beginning of the year is a perfect time to schedule rejuvenating skin care treatments.
Here’s a list of the best skincare treatments to address even the most severe skin problems with great results.
HALO Laser Treatments
Laser skin rejuvenation is an ideal treatment for skin imperfections, scarring, and signs of aging brought on by too much stress. Laser skin resurfacing like Halo is a non-surgical, non-invasive procedure focused on clinically proven skincare that can help mitigate premature aging of your skin.
The Halo laser treatment reaches deep tissue layers to deliver long-lasting results, while feeling more comfortable for you than a traditional fractional resurfacing treatment. After just one Halo treatment, you can see significant, noticeable improvement with fine lines and wrinkles, discoloration, uneven skin tone, enlarged pores, sun damage, and scarring in as little as two to five days after your treatment.
To get started with your HALO laser treatment, schedule a consultation with Proffer Surgical Associates.
Increased levels of Cortisol stress hormones will affect the skin’s oil production and can make you more susceptible to developing skin irritations. A HydraFacial gives you the same dramatic results as microdermabrasion and chemical peels without the redness and downtime.
This gentle treatment deeply cleanses, exfoliates, extracts and hydrates the skin, protecting your skin from aging and helping you look effortlessly radiant. While the patented device cleanses, it simultaneously floods your skin with nutrient-packed, hydrating ingredients, resulting in a bright, soft, dewy complexion.
To get started with your HydraFacial treatment, contact The Spa at Proffer Surgical.
Pandemic stress can add wrinkles and fine lines to your face. You may also see loss of fullness and loose skin. To address these signs of aging due to stress, try facial injectables, which restore youthful fullness to your face, plump the lips, enhance shallow contours, and soften facial creases and wrinkles.
Proffer Surgical Associates offers a variety of FDA-approved, medical-grade injectable options to help you look like yourself again:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic - Botox is perfect for improving cheek fullness, plumping up the lips, and zapping away wrinkles. A Botox injection prevents muscle contraction in the injection area, reducing the appearance of wrinkles on places like the forehead, between the brows, and around the eyes. You can see improvement in as little as seven to 14 days after treatment with results lasting up to four months.
- Juvederm® - Juvederm helps the skin on your cheeks, lips, and around the nose and mouth retain moisture, softness, and volume. One of the oldest and safest fillers available, Juvederm is a line filler designed with hyaluronic acid. You can see an improvement in the appearance of wrinkles immediately with results lasting up to one to two years.
- Restylane® - Restylane restores volume to the naturally thinning skin on your cheeks, lips, and around the nose and mouth. Restylane mimics the body's naturally occurring hyaluronic acid, which is responsible for keeping your skin soft, full, and dewy. You can see improvement the same day as treatment with results lasting up to nine months.
- JUVÉDERM® and Voluma - Juvederm and Voluma are gel fillers made from hyaluronic acid that are injected deep into the tissues of the face to attract and retain moisture in the skin. The effects are an almost instantaneous improvement on the sagging skin in the cheeks. These effects typically last about nine months but can last up to two years.
- Volbella – Part of the Juvéderm family of dermal fillers, Volbella is a non-surgical lip augmentation treatment designed to plump the lips and minimize the appearance of fine lines around the mouth, also known as perioral rhytids or perioral lines.
To get started with your facial injectable treatment, schedule a consultation with Proffer Surgical Associates.
Eyelash extensions give your eyes that extra “wow” without the mess of using mascara (which doesn’t work well with masks anyway). You can add major volume to your eyelashes that make a dramatic difference without any downtime after treatment. You can even customize the volume depending on your personal preference.
To get started with your eyelash extension treatment, contact The Spa at Proffer Surgical.
Laser treatments are non-surgical, non-invasive treatments that target hair on the skin, signs of aging such as fine lines, age spots, and wrinkles as well as other minor skin imperfections like acne.
- Laser hair removal - Laser hair removal works by emitting pulses of highly-concentrated light directly into your hair follicles to destroy the hair. You can see results within the first few weeks of the first treatment. You also won’t experience any painful irritations from the treatment such as the unsightly, painful ingrown hairs from waxing or razor burn. Laser hair removal works anywhere you have unwanted hair, like the face, legs, back, underarms, bikini line, chest, neck, and arms.
To get started with your laser treatment, contact The Spa at Proffer Surgical.
Look & Feel Incredible in 2021
Make no mistake: Pandemic stress can affect the health of your skin. But that doesn’t mean you’re stuck with dull, dry, problematic skin!
In 2021, you can look and feel incredible with a little pampering – that’s safe and good for your skin. Schedule a consultation with Proffer Surgical Associates or contact The Spa to get started.