Your skin is worth the investment. Unfortunately, with so many incredible products and high-end brands to choose from, finding the brand that fits your unique skin challenges and goals can be overwhelming.
For years, our team has helped clients find the ideal products for their skin type, problems, and aspirations. Now, we are thrilled to add the renowned ZO Skin Health brand to the products we offer.
So what makes ZO Skin Health special? How does it compare to other luxury brands?
In this blog, we’ll introduce you to one of the best skincare brands available.
What’s The Hype About ZO Skin Health?
ZO Skin Health was founded by Zein Obagi, a world-renowned dermatologist and author. Dr. Zein Obagi is one of the leading researchers in the field of advanced skincare solutions. His focus isn’t on just treating skin problems and repairing damage. Instead, he looks for ways you can make your skin healthier regardless of your age or skin type.
Enter ZO Skin Health. This skincare brand uses scientific innovations to improve your skin’s health every day, giving you a fresher and more youthful appearance. ZO Skin Health products use innovative approaches to skincare and powerful technologies backed by research so you can feel confident knowing that you’re doing what’s best for your skin.
Another unique feature of the ZO Skin Health brand is its versatility. ZO Skin Health works for everyone, regardless of age, ethnicity, existing skin conditions, or skin types.
Some Of The Proven Ingredients You’ll Find In ZO Skin Health Products
Because ZO Skin Health is driven by the latest dermatological research, the products are often the first to integrate proven ingredients into the skincare world.
These are just a few of the active ingredients in their best-selling products:
- Sodium lauroyl oat amino acids: Derived from oats, these amino acids help revive the skin barrier to protect your skin from future damage. They also help cleanse the skin without drying it out.
- Ultra-fine magnesium crystals: Instead of using abrasive particles that can scratch and tear skin, ZO Skin Health products exfoliate using gentle magnesium crystals. These ultra-fine particles remove dead skin cells, improve skin texture, and increase cell turnover without causing additional damage in the long run.
- Vitamins A, C, C-ester, and E: Vitamins don’t just benefit your immunity. They also improve your skin health. ZO Skin Care uses high-quality antioxidants to protect your skin from damaging free radicals responsible for breaking down your skin’s collagen levels and causing premature aging.
- Ultrasomes (UV-endonuclease) and roxisomes (glycosylase): While a mouthful to pronounce, these enzymes help speed up your skin’s natural repair process. The result? Your skin bounces back more quickly from sunburns, breakouts, and damage, and you see fewer signs of visible wear and tear.
- Ceramide 6: Ceramide 6-II are lipids naturally found in the top layer of skin. They’re responsible for shielding your skin from potential damage. When used in skincare products, Ceramide 6 can help restore your skin’s natural barrier and prevent wrinkles before they happen.
- High potency retinol and ascorbic acid-2 glucoside: Retinol has been studied for years for its impact on wrinkles, dark spots, and other signs of aging. When combined with ascorbic acid, it becomes even more impactful, removing existing pigmentation and supporting natural cell turnover to rapidly brighten and even skin tone
Glutathione, soy isoflavones, and n-acetyl glucosamine: Don’t let age get in the way of beautiful skin! These three power-packed ingredients work together to prevent the appearance of new age spots and uneven color.
Our Fav ZO Skin Health Necessities
ZO Skin Health offers dozens of products for everything from correcting sun damage, reducing pigmentation, preventing future damage, or just enhancing your skin health on a daily basis. These are a few of the must-have essentials we keep in our bathrooms:
Remember those gentle magnesium crystals mentioned above? This product is where they really shine.
ZO Skin Health’s Exfoliating Polish exfoliates dead skin cells gently, leaving you with a clear, smooth, and even-toned complexion. It also combines magnesium crystals with antioxidants to protect while it cleanses.
It’s no surprise the polish was named one of the 6 Best Face Scrubs to Exfoliate Your Way to Smooth Skin by Good Housekeeping Institute Beauty Lab.
- Exfoliation without the damaging effects of abrasive particles
- Instantly polishes skin to restore a smoother texture and healthy glow
- Removes dead skin cells to fight against dull, peeling skin
- Prevents clogged pores before they happen
Complexion Renewal Pads
Who says you can’t improve the health of your skin in a matter of seconds?
ZO Skin Health’s Complexion Renewal Pads cleanse, exfoliate, and protect all at once—and they’re easy to use.
Each textured pad contains glycolic acid and a botanical extract blend designed to minimize surface oil and exfoliate pore-clogging dead skin cells and dirt. The blend of quality botanicals also helps soothe skin, reduce redness, and fight against free radicals.
- Dual-action exfoliation removes dead skin cells and prevents clogged pores
- Each pad reduces oiliness and removes unwanted shine
- Botanical blend calms and soothes irritated skin, preventing redness
Daily Power Defense
You deserve youthful, healthy skin—no matter your age. Fortunately, ZO Skin Health’s Daily Power Defense helps you minimize signs of aging protect your skin from problems before they happen.
This powerful antioxidant serum helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while simultaneously promoting overall skin health. It includes ultrasomes and roxisomes to speed up your skin’s repair process, as well as antioxidants and ceramide 6 for added protection.
An added benefit of this serum is matrixyl 3000 (palmitoyl oligopeptide and palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7), a potent synthetic peptide that firms your skin and boosts its natural density.
- Antioxidant protection to combat the appearance of free radical damage
- Helps tighten and firm the skin, reducing loose skin and wrinkles
- Promotes skin health every day
Growth Factor Serum
If you’re looking for a lightweight product you can enjoy year-round, ZO Skin Health’s Growth Factor Serum is the way to go. This must-have gel helps rejuvenate your skin and protect against future signs of aging.
The Growth Factor Serum includes powerful ingredients such as red ginseng extract, buddleja stem cell, and angelica polymorpha sinensis root extract. These ingredients help restore your skin’s hydration, elasticity, and firmness while minimizing the appearance of signs of aging.
Because it contains calming ingredients, it works on all skin types, even sensitive skin!
- Clinically proven ingredients help improve the overall appearance of skin
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Improves skin firmness and elasticity
- Restores hydration and reinforces the skin's protective barrier
Retinol Skin Brightener 1%
Not all retinols are alike! Some don’t contain enough retinol to visibly impact signs of aging on your skin. Others can contain too many abrasive ingredients, causing skin irritation and damage.
ZO Skin Health’s Retinol Skin Brightener is designed to improve the appearance of your skin without causing excessive dryness or irritation. It contains high-potency retinol and ascorbic acid to reduce the appearance of existing dark spots, as well as glutathione, soy isoflavones, and n-acetyl glucosamine to prevent new dark spots from forming.
Additionally, this retinol contains antioxidants to protect your skin while it treats dark spots.
- Proven ingredients work together to target and treat skin discoloration
- Brightens skin and helps even skin tone
- Antioxidant protection and helps support natural cellular turnover
Get Your ZO Skin Health Essentials From The Spa at Proffer Surgical
Dreaming of healthy, glowing, youthful skin? Stop by The Spa at Proffer Surgical Associates and give ZO Skin Health a try!
Whether you’re looking to reduce the appearance of existing skin problems, prevent new ones from happening, or simply preserve the health of your skin for as long as possible, we have a product for you.
Give us a call now to learn more! Or stop by our office at 611 Wallace Blvd in Amarillo, Texas, and see our wide selection of ZO Skin Health products for yourself.