A breast lift restores a firm, perky aesthetic that many people find more pleasing than sagging breasts. Women enjoy having a more youthful, attractive appearance while also fitting into bras and swimsuits more comfortably.
During a breast lift, the surgeon removes excess skin, reshapes the breast tissue, and elevates the nipple and areola, creating a more desirable breast contour. A surgeon may also reduce the areola that is more naturally proportioned.
How Do I Know If I Need A Breast Lift?
The best way to determine whether or not a breast lift is the best option for you is to talk with a reputable, board-certified cosmetic surgeon. Before you make an appointment, ask yourself the following questions to decide if a breast lift will address the issues that most concern you.
- Are your breasts different sizes?
- Do your nipples point downward?
- Does the nipple/areola area rest below the fold of your breast?
Common Reasons To Get A Breast Lift
- Post-pregnancy and breastfeeding. Pregnancy and breastfeeding often leave breasts with a with laxity issues. Getting a breast lift, with or without implants, can help reverse these changes, restoring breasts to their pre-pregnancy contour.
- Significant weight loss. Losing a sizable amount of weight often results in a loss of breast volume. Removing excess skin helps restore a more youthful breast shape with natural proportions.
- Create more youthful appearance. Some women have always had drooping breasts. A breast lift is an ideal way to achieve the breast profile that you've always envisioned for yourself.
- Aging and gravity. Over time, many women find that gravity takes a toll on their breasts, even without other major contributing factors such as pregnancy and weight loss. A breast lift restores the natural shape and position of your breasts.
Can I Get A Breast Lift And Breast Augmentation Simultaneously?
If you desire to have larger breasts with a more youthful shape or position, you may choose a breast lift alongside augmentation.
Proffer Surgical Associates offers breast lifts as a stand alone procedure, alongside breast augmentation, or as part of a full Mommy Makeover. To learn more about our services, schedule a consultation today.